Jan Coffey wrote:

> --- Doug Pensinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Then there is the matter of accidents.
>
> Simple solution, teach a class in gun safty in school. Replace the 10th 11th
> or 12th year of "english" those clases are a waste.

1)  I didn't consider any of those classes I took those years to be a
"waste", personally.

2)  I'm not sure that the person I was in high school would have handled
a "gun safety" course all that well.  I'm keenly interested in taking
one *now*, but I've done a lot of growing and thinking about the whole
thing since high school.

Just my opinion.  (I didn't like taking driver's ed when I had to,
either, but part of that was the specific instructor, I think.)

        Julia