> True.  However, this current subthread started with the following:
>
> >         I swear I've seen a big stone one of Lincoln, sitting
> >down.  You mean that it WON'T come to the defense of Liberty
> >when a rabbi writes the word on its forehead?

So? He got confused, since, in the legend, the rabbi makes a clay figure and
animates it, he does not do it to an existing statue. He had the right idea
but applied it wrongly.

Interestingly, in his novel Snow in August, set in Brooklyn in the late
1940s, Pete Hammill has a rabbi who is a refugee from Nazi Germany teach a Catholic
teenager he befriends how to create the Golem. Good book.

Tom Beck

www.prydonians.org
www.mercerjewishsingles.org

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never dreamed I'd see the
last." - Dr Jerry Pournelle