At 12:26 PM 8/10/03 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> True.  However, this current subthread started with the following:
>
> >         I swear I've seen a big stone one of Lincoln, sitting
> >down.  You mean that it WON'T come to the defense of Liberty
> >when a rabbi writes the word on its forehead?

So? He got confused, since, in the legend, the rabbi makes a clay figure and
animates it, he does not do it to an existing statue. He had the right idea
but applied it wrongly.

In the words of that great philosopher, Foghorn Leghorn:

"It's a joke, son. A joke, I say."

-- Ronn! :~)

"Humor...it is a difficult concept."

--Lt. Saavik (Kirstie Alley) to Admiral Kirk (William Shatner) in _Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn_