At 08:28 AM 8/10/03 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >         I swear I've seen a big stone one of Lincoln, sitting
> >down.  You mean that it WON'T come to the defense of Liberty
> >when a rabbi writes the word on its forehead?
>
> I dunno.  Was Lincoln Jewish?  If not, why would a statue of him pay any
> attention to what a rabbi does?

There is the 17th century Jewish legend of the Golem, an inanimate figure
resembling a man (only bigger and stronger) that comes to life when a
knowledgeable rabbi writes the secret name of God on a piece of parchment and affixes it
to the Golem's forehead. The Golem then goes forth and fights against the
Jews' oppressors.

I know the legend.

My question was, what if the figure is in the likeness of a Gentile? Are there goyim golems?

-- Ronn! :)