----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Coffey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 8:16 PM
Subject: Re: Heinlein quote

> --- Alberto Monteiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Are you saying Texas isn't polite?
> > >
> > wfc? One example is enough to falsify Heinlein's
> > statement. I gave two.
>
> Once again exactly! That is exactly why I disagree with him (among other
> issues more subtle) but you are in fact seeming to be in agreement that a
> lack of power balance is a bad thing.

( I never recieved Alberto's post)
A slum is not a place defined by gun ownership, some will, some won't.
Terrorists have weapons for the purpose of inflicting their will upon
others.
Alberto falsified nothing because his examples were fatally flawed.
The society Heinlein proposed is one where 100% of the people (or close
enough) are armed.
I'm not claiming to agree with Heinlein, but I will note that people are
very friendly in Texas and not so friendly in New York. <G>

xponent
Guns'N'Roses Maru
rob