> I'm not claiming to agree with Heinlein, but I will note that people are
> very friendly in Texas and not so friendly in New York. <G>

You'd better never not come back to New York no more and say that. We New
Yorkers don't take kindly to peoples what calls us unfriendly.

;)

Seriously, it is utterly impossible to generalize about 7 million people.
There are friendly New Yorkers and unfriendly Texans. I myself have never been to
Texas. so I can't say a thing about it, but I'm from New York, and I have
never known a truly unfriendly New Yorker (in the way TV stereotypes us/them).

Tom Beck

www.prydonians.org
www.mercerjewishsingles.org

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never dreamed I'd see the
last." - Dr Jerry Pournelle