On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 10:15:15PM -0500, Julia Thompson wrote:

> It's illegal to sell a replica of any machine gun, I believe.  I have
> a friend who got a fake AK-47 for prop purposes before that law went
> into effect.  Somewhere there's a photo of me wearing camoflauge
> that's too big for me, holding that fake gun....  (And an annoyingly
> cute cartoon based on the photo.)

I had a grey plastic ("gunmetal color") machine gun when I was a
kid. The trigger was connected to some sort of flywheel type contraption
that emitted a rat-a-tat-tat noise for several seconds when the trigger
was pulled. I don't remember playing with it very much, it didn't seem
as fun as my other toys, like RC cars and I had a programmable little
tank-like thing that you programmed in a LOGO like language and it would
drive around and could fire its "phaser" gun. Anyone remember the name
of that one?

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/