On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Dan Minette wrote:

> I've got a question for you, are you opposed to all country music or
> just the nonsense that is played on most country music stations.  For
> example do you hate all of the below?
>
> Bluegrass

Fun.

> Lyle Leavitt

"Lovett", and some of his stuff is pretty funny.  (And I've got several of
his albums.)

> the music featured in "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?

Great!

> the music of Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys?

Not quite familiar.  Maybe there's something in one of my KGSR albums done
by them, and if so, I could check and report back to you.

> late 19th century country music which is tied to 16th and 17th century
> English music?

Not familiar.  Or maybe I am and just don't know it.

If I had a time machine, I might go back and shoot Billy Ray Cyrus.  But
someone might come up with something even worse to put at the top of the
playlist at that time.  I was listening to country a lot for a couple of
months because I was working with someone who liked it, and there were a
few songs that were kinda funny, which I liked.  "Bubba Shot the Jukebox"
comes to mind.  But a lot of the stuff I was hearing, I didn't care for,
but at least it didn't put me on edge like the rock that someone *else*
insisted on when the first person was out sick.  I hadn't found the
classical station at the time, and someone might have complained if I'd
set the radio to *that* for too long.

        Julia