But a lot of the stuff I was hearing, I didn't care for,
but at least it didn't put me on edge like the rock that someone *else*
insisted on when the first person was out sick.  I hadn't found the
classical station at the time, and someone might have complained if I'd
set the radio to *that* for too long.

Julia

What rock puts you on the edge? My likeable songs need to have good lyrics with a clear voice.

And it ties back into song downloading. Just four hours ago I was thinking of buying a greatest hit CD from a band I love. It in my hands, but I couldn't buy it. Why? I loath two of their biggest hits. I never want to hear them and I certainly don't want to buy them. And other songs are just as good, but never on any greatest hits CDs. If it was going to the artists* I'd certainly pay to download the songs I'd want to make my own CD. There are few mediums where you have to buy what you don't want, to get what you do.

Kevin T. - VRWC
*Someone had a fine critique of iTunes, how apple gets 1/3 of the money for only being a trafficker of the songs, the record companies get the rest and only pay a small percentage to the artists, if that.