Doug Pensinger wrote:

> Ah, my Lal-pile** is considerably larger than that and continues to grow
> unchecked thanks to the used book store near my work that I can't seem to
> stay away from.
>
> --
> Doug
>
> **A culture list reference a member of whom, Lalith Vipulananthan, is
> famous for his stack of unread books.

My pile is over 800 for fiction alone.

I have this habit of buying the whole series as soon as I've finished
reading the first, or buying as much of a particular author as I can
once I've read one or two that I really liked by him or her.  I've been
burned too many times by things going out of print before I want to read
them, and I don't have free access to any public library, and the
non-public library I have free access to is a pain and a half to get to
from here.  (And with kids the ages mine are, darn near impossible.)

On the non-fiction, we have an awful lot there that I haven't read,
either, but I'm not sure how many of them I want to read.  :)  There are
plenty in the "want to read" pile, still.

        Julia

currently reading _Deep Time_ by Benford and a book on solving
children's sleep problems