--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> > In all seriousness, I still don't get it.  Other
> than
> > such displays of force, what do you think a
> Qaddafi
> > would respond to?  As far as I can tell, _nothing_
> > except force is likely to get results from someone
> > like him.
>
> Money. He wants to get back into the world economy
> and knows this is the only way.

Maybe.  If so he is fairly unique among dictators.
Saddam Hussein and Kim Jong Il, to pick two, are
unlikely to have been influenced by access to the
world economy.  And if that had really been enough, he
would have done it a long, long time ago.  Also, if
that was really his motivation, he would have
contacted the French or the Russians.  But that's not
whom he approached first, which all by itself is
pretty indicative.

=====
Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]