> Imagine if the First records of Abraham Lincoln came
> 35 years after he
> supposedly lived / Died.  And imagine if the First
> records of the Civil
> War and Imancipatiom of slaves were found 90 to 100
> years after he
> supposedly died.

And what's your point? And how is Lincoln and slavery
analogous to the life of Jesus? Lincoln was perhaps
one of the greatest presidents of the US. Slavery was
an institution that dominated the Southern economy.
Jesus was basically no one preaching to a radical sect
of outcasts. Do you expect then there to be copious
records (or even single SURVIVING records) of his life
ready to be examined. Can you prove he did NOT exist?

 There were 'chistians' Well before
> the period of time
> that myth has coalesced around as when this
> So-Called yeshua lived.

How can christians exist before Christ? Can you
explain this, especially when the majority of all Jews
living during that time rejected him because they were
waiting for a POLITICAL messiah?

Present your evidence that Christians existed before
the life of Jesus. Prove your argument. Otherwise this
is just a silly and absurd statement.

> Josephus was also a turncoat and wrote what was
> expediant for Josephus to
> stay alive.  Also some articles I have read suggest
> that Josephus works
> were Redacted somewhat by later people.

What articles? Citations? Are these articles reliable?
And why is discussing Jesus in an off-hand manner in
70 AD expedient for Josephus writing for a Pagan
emperor? Can you develop an argument and supporting
material to establish this theory?

> I was explaining how right-wingist view it, not how
> I view it.  I find it
> hard to come up with a good allegory for hereditary
> guilt.  Hereditary
> Slavery?  Hereditary debt?  The inverse is the
> Divine Right of Kings,
> which is equally noxious.  It goes against what I
> believe in, namely that
> people are innocent until proven guilty by a jury of
> their peers.

What is "right-wing" and what does it have to do with
bible interpretation? Are all Right-wingists
interpretations of the bible the same? Stop making
generalizations and stick with the facts. I'm very
confident that Catholic interpretation of the Bible is
very different from fundie Bible-belt interpretations.
Have you ever thought to examine that, rather than
lump ALL conservative Christians into the same boat?

Have you also thought that the concept of Original Sin
is an allegorical to the inherent imperfection of
Human Beings? One of the Catholic interpretations of
this concept that I heard is that it demonstrates the
remoteness of humanity from God, and that Baptism is
meant to re-establish that link. I'm sure Catholics on
the list will chime up with this if they choose to do
so.

Try actually studying the material, and how the
established scholars, who make a career out of it,
interpret things, before making generalized statements

Damon.

=====
Damon Agretto
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
http://www.geocities.com/garrand.geo/index.html
Now Building: