> The fundamentalists don't think about it critically.
> And the
> Reformation was about allowing literalist asshats to
> make their own
> scriptural interpretations without the intervention
> of elitist scholars
> and their 'interpretations'. And America is
> populated by the
> descendants of cultists who left the Old World
> because their asshat
> versions of Christianity weren't welcome.

Quite right, though in the same vein the Reformation
(or the ideals, at least) allowed for greater
religious freedom...the freedom to interpret for
yourself. Some would say this is a boon, others a
bane.

So does this mean the Fool is a Fundamentalist? I
think his interpretations of the bible definitely
resemble them. Perhaps he's an anti-Fundamentalist
(though not in the sense he's against Fundamentalism,
but that he's a fundamentalist in the opposite
sense)...

Damon.

> --
> William T Goodall
> Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Web  : http://www.wtgab.demon.co.uk
> Blog : http://radio.weblogs.com/0111221/
>
> "It is our belief, however, that serious
> professional users will run
> out of things they can do with UNIX." - Ken Olsen,
> President of DEC,
> 1984.

=====
Damon Agretto
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
http://www.geocities.com/garrand.geo/index.html
Now Building: