Tom Beck wrote:
>Sorry if we misread you. But most people weighing in on the anti-
>gay marriage side of things appear that they very much WOULD impose
>their views on the world.

Fair enough, Tom.  But I'm not one of those people.  Recall from my first message that
my sister's been in a comitted gay relationship for some time.  I understand that
statement *may* smack of a "Some of my best friends are gay" kind of statement, but I
think it is relevant.

I've always been a believer in people's rights to do what they want in their private
lives as long as everyone involved is a consenting adult.  That doesn't mean that I
have to like it, or champion it.  It just means that I have to allow it to happen.  So
me saying using the word "marriage" for gay unions makes me uncomfortable doesn't mean
that I'd oppose it, and it doesn't mean that I'll never change my mind.  Heck, I grew
up in a pretty racist household and I dodged that meme.  I think I can live with gay
marriage.

Jim