From: "John D. Giorgis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
At 02:40 AM 2/29/2004 -0500 Bryon Daly wrote:
>* Disclaimer: "Within reason". I admit that there are probably certain
>extreme views
>on certain topics that would cause me to want to make their supporters feel
>*very*
>unwelcome here.

Can I take a guess as to what these might be?

Perhaps supporters of, say, the KKK, the Nazis' "Final Solution", Al Qaeda,
Wahabbisim.and supporters of continued "martyrdom" operations against
Israeli Civilians?

Yes, probably, depending upon what exactly was being said by them. It'd be nice
to be able to advocate totally free speech of any kind on the list, but I fear that
would ultimately reduce the list to chaos. The ACLU might give me an F, I suppose,
but I think any discussion *on this list* on those topics with those types of supporters
would serve little purpose but to lower the S/N ratio of the list to zero.

Who am I to decide where to draw that line between acceptable/unacceptable
discussion? Nobody. But I'm generally content to leave the line-setting to the list
owners and to group opinion.

John, do you disagree with that list, or find it hypocritical of me to be drawing the line
at a point of topics that I find personally most offensive?

-Bryon