> From: Travis Edmunds [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >How about Nils Lofgren?  From what I've heard he's the guitarists
> >pick for best guitarist.  He's been around forever but has never
> >completely gotten his due from the general public.
> >
> >  - jmh
>
> Who? I've never heard of him. Which I guess, helps validate your
last
> sentance...<lol>

Nils got his start with Neil Young as part of Crazy Horse.  Then he
started Grin and put out a couple of fantastic albums including
"1+1".  Then he went solo.  He joined Bruce Springsteen's E Street
Band in 1984 and was always introduced by Bruce as "the worlds
greatest guitarist".  He has continued to put out some great, great
solo stuff since then.  (more info at http:www.nilslofgren.com).

I was a big fan even before he joined up with Bruce (I am the list's
resident Springsteen fanatic).

 - jmh