From: "Robert Seeberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: This Is Spinal Ta-, er, Metallica
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 22:52:16 -0600

Timberlake,
> then I can't disagree with you. But musicians, particularly of the
Heavy
> Metal ilk, cite those songs along with others as being very
influential to
> themselves. Whereas "Communication Breakdown" is lost in translation
so to
> speak.

Zepplin had influence over a broader spectrum of musicians for sure.
Thats why one would say that Zepplin was more influential than
Sabbath. But Sabbath does hold a special place with the Metal crowd,
not because Sabbath was specifically Metal, but because most Metal
bands desired the "dark" sound that Sabbath epitomized.

Sure. But you cited "Communication Breakdown" as being influential in metal. Something that I don't really see. At the very least, not as much as say, some Sabbath songs.

> >vocalist.

> > > Ok, Perry himself admits that he's not a "guitarists guitarist",
but
> > > brand him as "one of the best at inventing guitar
> >hooks"...ah...no...
> >
> >Guitar "hooks" have very little to do with a players quality.
> >Perry is a "good" guitarist, but not a great one. What he does have
is
> >an exceptional ear for a catchy guitar phrase, hence my comment.
>
> I dislike the use of the word "exceptional". I don't think it
applies to Joe
> in the least.

I refer you to virtually *all* of Toys In The Attic.

You will not get me in agreement with you on this score Robert! Unless you were to rephrase a few things...

-Travis