----- Original Message -----
From: "JDG" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 7:16 PM
Subject: Re: Beheading Avenges Prison Abuse

> At 12:44 PM 5/12/2004 -0500 Dan Minette wrote:
> >> Isn't it obvious?  The same reason that they butchered
> >> Daniel Pearl.  They think that doing something like
> >> that is going to scare us - shake our resolve and
> >> convince us to surrender.
> >>
> >>Or, even more (as we've
> >> seen) convince us that this is somehow _our fault_,
> >The only responsibility we had was to open the door to this type of
> >revolting action having the potential for a positive effect for the
> >murderers.
>
> Dan,
>
> I think that you utterly missed Gautam's point.    At least one
Brin-L'er
> has already called this "the other shoe" - i.e. that this was at
least
> partially our fault.    Thus, it seem clear that at least one goal
of these
> murderer's is to weaken American resolve by causing some subset of
> Americans to believe that we have brought this horrible death of an
> American upon ourselves, and that as such our cause is no longer
worthy,
> and that as such our troops should come home immediately.

Okay.....so you are the second person to misunderstand.
My comment was meant to imply that there is likely more to come.
There is at least one American soldier and three Italians still being
held hostage in Iraq and there is great concern over their safety.

As for the rest, I agree with Gautam that this kind of atrocity is
likely to cause many Americans to dig in their heels.

xponent
Axis Of Lack Of Clarity On My Part I Suppose Maru
rob