Brahmini is also reversing the US process of de-Baathification - many of his appointees held positions of authority under Saddam. He may have good reason (presumably their technical knowledge and experience) but one wonders how he can keep undoing what the US has done and still create something effective in a couple of months.

Many of them are relatively low level. Brahmini is trying to regain at least some of the goodwill of Sunnis who feel completely shut out of post-Saddam Iraq. This needs to be done carefully, but the Sunnis have to see that they have a stake in a peaceful, integrated Iraq.

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never thought I'd see the last." - Dr. Jerry Pournelle