----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Minette" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: Brin: Second Salvo

Sorry, I didn't finish a thought.

> But, the legal system doesn't have murky lines....It can't.   The
present,
> enlightened standard, is a full term fetus that is not delivered is not
> human; a delivered 10 week premature fetus is human.  It is true that
> biology is

a bit murkey...but I'd argue that, between the two arbitrary lines, a more
consistent arguement could be made for conception than birth.

And, if you agree that persons do not exist for as long as there can be
twinning, then one allows things like morning after pills, but not
abortions performed  after a woman knows she is pregnant.  In short, the
standards of the left look even more arbitrary than the standards of the
right do to me.

Dan M.