At 10:56 PM 10/25/2004 -0700 Nick Arnett wrote:
>> Brin has very loudly proclaimed that we're on opposite
>> sides.  Well, okay.  I know whose side I'm on, though.
>
>If he said this, and your response was "I'm on America's side," it's
>easy for me to hear that as implying that David is not on America's
>side.  Is that what you meant?

Nick:

I can't help but notice that you are asking Gautam this question, and not
Dr. Brin.    For example, I don't see you asking Dr. Brin:
 -Are you saying that Gautam is on the side of monsters?
 -Are you saying that JDG is on the side of traitors?

No poster has questioned more people's patriotism on this List than Dr.
Brin, and no person has launched more overheated insults than Dr. Brin.
And quite frankly, it is a bit appalling when your only response is to go
after the *targets* of said comments.

JDG