On Nov 3, 2004, at 1:59 AM, kerri miller wrote:

I'm sure its just fatigue after watching 6 hours of election coverage, but
I really want Kerry to drop it as soon as he possibly can. We Dems lost,
badly, lost ground in Congress, Daschle's out.. we can't claim that people
don't know about Bush's deeds - they just don't care. I don't have the
stomach for another Florida. Its enough that we're going to implode as a
party over the next year, do we have to drag the process down further?

Don't give up on the party, Kerri... We have work before us -- especially
the important work of reaching out to "moral conservatives" who believe
that we Dems have abandoned them. As a Christian Democrat (I know we don't
have a party by that name in this country), I'm hoping that we can
recapture the mantle of "progressive" and scrape the muck off the word
"liberal."

But in the short term, I'm going to work on being disappointed without
being resentful. With any luck, I'll learn to urge change without becoming
(any more) shrill.

Dave