On Apr 7, 2005, at 10:40 PM, Gautam Mukunda wrote:

_There's nothing wrong with
opposing the war_.  Knowing what I know now about the
competence of the Administration, I don't think _I_
would have supported the war (not knowing then what I
know now, I don't regret my stance then - it was
impossible for me to know then what I know now).
What's wrong is pretending that _not_ going to war
didn't also have costs.

If there's nothing wrong with opposing the unjustifiable attack on Iraq, why are you so committed to twisting the tits of everyone who does oppose it?

As for my original reasons for opposing the war -- two years ago I was thinking more in terms of how we'd look to the rest of the world, particularly since, in my view, Afghanistan still needed a lot of attention, and OBL was at large and *not* in Iraq. I hadn't thought, then, of the morass that it's become, and the expense of it went way beyond anything I would have guessed. Had I known then what I know now, I would have opposed the attack more strenuously than I did.

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" http://www.nightwares.com/books/ockrassa/Flat_Out.pdf