At 09:37 PM 01/05/05 -0500, Dan Minette wrote:

snip

With all due respect, Keith, how familiar are you with the literature on
abusers returning to their spouse?  I understand why you want to explain
everything in terms of evolutionary psychology, but I tend to be biased
more towards experimental studies than broad theoretical statements.

I was rather up on this area of study a few years ago.

Are you aware of any studies that don't support this EP model?

Also, I presume you don't really mean there have been experimental studies. I can't imagine an ethics committee permitting the behavior that activates capture bonding/Stockholm syndrome.

Keith Henson