--- Doug Pensinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Do you really think 5 games (Rangers) or even 7.5
> (A's) games behind is
> too much to overcome in seventy some odd games?
>
> I'm routing for Miggy and the Orioles by the way.
> Hey, maybe Sammy's just
> still in withdrawall and he'll be OK in a bit. 8^)
>
> What pitcher did is your friend marrying?
>
> --
> Doug

It's not too much to overcome, I just don't think it's
_likely_.  It's entirely possible for either to do it
- but, I guess that about 9 times out of 10, it won't
actually happen.  The A's will be better next year - I
thought they were a year away, but I certainly didn't
think they would be the disaster they were the first
few months.  I have noticed (with some glee, since I'm
a Billy Beane fan) their steady climb back to .500.
So if you're saying, "it could happen" I would say,
"yes, but it probably won't :-("

She married Chris Young, who looks like he's going to
turn into a really excellent pitcher for the Rangers.

Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Freedom is not free"
http://www.mukunda.blogspot.com