----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Pensinger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 10:31 PM
Subject: Re: meta research

> Dan wrote:
>
> > The freezing of the vacuum.
>
> Freezing nothing turns into something, or did the vaccum have something
in
> it?  If so, what, and where did it come from?

Symmetry breaking dropped the vacuum to a lower energy state.

> No, I'll take your word for it.  So matter can only be created when a
> vacuum full of plasma freezes?

Energy was not created....it was just a state change.

> > 1) interested
>
> I was pointing out that they did have something to say about it and also
> that, acording to them, CBR was predicted to be between 5 and 50 K with
50
> K being the most recent guess prior to it's discovery.  So that if they
> are correct (you tell me) then it wasn't "right where it was supposed to
> be."

Gammov said under 10 Kev...when the Bell Laboratory researches who found
the COMB (cosmic microwave background) saw that, they then knew what they
found. Now, with a bit more work on expansion after the time the universe
became transparent, the numbers fit closely.

There are other problems with the meta explanations.  Scattering doesn't
produce a red shift...it produces a broadened lower energy spectrum....like
the COMB spectrum, for example. :-)  What is seen is not a general
broadening, but shifted emission lines.  In fact, that kind of downshifting
is what I cut my professional teeth on in gamma-gamma logging, so I'm
embarrassed it took me a bit to put my finger on what was wrong there.

Dan M.