Dave Land wrote:

On Jan 3, 2006, at 1:23 PM, Nick Arnett wrote:

The most significant accounts of multiple explosions came from firefighters inside the WTC. Those are people who know what explosions sound like. And unless they thought they were truly significant and not just the sort of
popping and snapping that accompanies any hot fire, they wouldn't have
reported them on the radio, especially when all hell was breaking loose. Firefighters reporting multiple explosions inside the WTC, many floors away
from the impact, seems very strange.

True, and the fact that huge slabs of marble were blown off the walls and virtually all of the lobby windows were blown out of the building -- I realize that an airplane entering a building will create a huge overpressure, but even the FDNY captain on scene couldn't explain the lobby damage.

Possible explanation: A plane traveling at a couple hundred miles per hour has a lot of kinetic force behind it. Such an impact can cause powerful vibrations down the building, blowing out windows and causing other damage, especially on the ground floor where the vibrations would then hit the foundation, having nowhere else to go.

And the huge pools of steel, still molten weeks after the building came down. What the hell kept it so hot, hotter than any kerosene fire can possibly get?

Possible explanation: When metal is bent, it gets hot, *very* hot. If the metal were turned molten by the collapse of the building, then was buried under tons of rubble and debris, the pressure and insulating properties of the rubble could easily keep the metal molten by simple virtue of the fact that there is no way for the heat to escape.

And it's not just that people described the plane hitting the tower as "an explosion", it's the reports -- many of them at the time they happened -- of "there goes another explosion". There are radio recordings of lots of firefighters reported "secondary explosions" throughout the building at various times, and footage of reporters reacting to explosions way after the both planes had hit.

Possible explanation: Serious structural damage to a building can cause secondary explosions to occur, particularly if there are natural gas lines running through the structure.

Something happened on 9/11 other than the official version, and the price has been the real security of the USA.

Dave

As utterly despicable and hateable as Bush, Cheyney, and Rumsfeld are, there is nothing here to prove anything other than what was said in the official story occurred. I can understand why people love conspiracies, I used to be a Roswell Aliens, crop circle, JFK assassination, etc. believer. The problem with conspiracies is that, largely, they are doomed to failure. People hate keeping secrets. Especially secrets that would have such earth-shaking impact. The number of people that would have to be involved in such a conspiracy could not possibly keep it a secret for long. All the leaks in the White house on genuine scandals and the leaks about torture of prisoners in Iraq are representative of this. A secret this big simply could not be kept. Beyond all that, Bush is too stupid to think up something like this, Cheyney's health is too precarious to handle the stress of such a conspiracy, and Rumsfeld being the mastermind of such a plot strains credibility as he doesn't stand to gain enough from committing such a despicable act.

There was a documentary on the Discovery Channel once that explained the mechanisms of how and why the WTC buildings colapsed because of the airplanes hitting them. From what I understood, the method chosen for building the buildings gave them a structural Achilles heel that made it so that if two or more floors were to become structurally unsound, the floors below would not be able to survive the impact of the floors above it crushing down on them, and basically each floor would fail in turn like a row of dominoes. This description matches the videos of the buildings collapsing. Now I just wish I had watched the whole thing and paid closer attention so I could share more details.

Michael Harney
[EMAIL PROTECTED]