William T Goodall wrote:
>Jim Sharkey wrote:
>> This just in: living only for yourself is less stressful than
>>taking responsibility for the mental, physical and moral
>>development of another human being.
>So why would anyone want to do that then?

I dunno.  Here's some possibilities, though:
Because there's more to life than a low stress level?
Because you did a favorable cost-benefit analysis?
Because you don't know how to properly apply a condom?
Because if no one did it, we'd be extinct in about a hundred years,
give or take a decade or so?  :)

Heck, I figure if someone knows himself well enough to realize he'd
make a lousy parent or that when push comes to shove he just can't be
arsed putting his energy into child-rearing, that saves society a
great deal of time and money.  For the rest of us, I suppose we just
suck it up and deal.

Jim