On Apr 18, 2006, at 5:38 AM, Alberto Monteiro wrote:

I may be among the few humans who like _both_ cats and dogs.
I admire dogs because they are loyal and trustful, and I admire
cats for their independence and irreverence.

Allow me to affirm your open-mindedness w/r/t cats and dogs.

I think the whole "dog person" vs. "cat person" meme is not as useful as
others seem to think it is. We had both dogs and cats when I was growing
up, so I never saw myself as favoring one over the other. They're
definitely different, but so are introverted and extroverted humans.
While I am definitely the latter, and seem to gravitate towards other
extroverts (and compete with them for airtime), I can get along with
introverts, too. I may even be married to one, although her outgoing
ways seem to mask her introversion.

That said, my 9-year-old son wants /nothing/ to do with dogs of any size
and personality, but adores our two cats "Oreo" and "Fannie Mae".

Dave "Always Thinking Out Loud" Land

PS: There are 2.45M pages for "introvert" on Google, but only 2.0M
    pages for "extrovert". Wonder what that means?