On 16/07/2006, at 11:16 PM, Dan Minette wrote:
Thank you.  What I was thinking of was your view that there was a good
question to be asked about the WT7 collapse, but that Dave's wording didn't present it. I was sorta fishing for you to present what you thought was a good question when I mentioned your name. :-) I have a hunch I'm going to
edit the question(s) about WT1 and WT2, so I was hoping that you could
provide a template for that question.

Basically, I think "chain of events" is a better route than "mechanism" for asking how WTC7 collapsed. It was another progressive collapse, there was a fire, but the assessment of how the structural damage was inflicted to WTC7 and when would help clear up some of the timeline of That Day.

However, at this precise moment, I'm between beers (um, between my 15th and 16th, or so) at a farewell bbq, so i may come back to this later, if i'm unclear as to where i was heading.

Charlie