On 3 Sep 2006 at 12:51, Dave Land wrote:

> On Sep 1, 2006, at 9:05 AM, William T Goodall wrote:
>
> > And yes, OSX is marvelous. Its merest bootlace, Windows is not
> > worthy to kiss. - David Brin
>
> With all the things that you and I have to disagree about, it is nice
> that we
> have this in common.

And I'm going to keep on using windows purely because it's what the
programs I use run on, and the Mac's charge a stiff premium for their
hardware.

I'm not a technophile, which occasionally is a hinderance in an
industry of little but technophiles - I use tech-as-a-tool, and my
purchasing descisions are purely based on the programs I use, many of
which are DirectX/.NET dependent and have no Linux/Max equivalent.
(And the pricing issue).

I do dual-boot windows 2k and linux, but I don't feel that Linux is
ready for most home users, unlike projects like OpenOffice, which
I've recommended for some years... it's a shame that I can't move
away entirely because of some of the more arcane Excel spreadsheets
used by friends of mine don't translate to Calc well.

AndrewC
Dawn Falcon