On 6 Sep 2006, at 12:58PM, John W Redelfs wrote:

My atheist father used to tell me that "might makes right" is a bad
philosophy? Why? Unless there is a God who is against it, why would that philosophy be any better or worse than any other? Upon what do atheists base their morality? I've never been able to understand this. If selection of the species is determined by survival of the fittest, isn't "might" the ultimate good, biologically speaking? The strong are just doing nature a
favor by rubbing out the weak, preferably before they have a chance to
reproduce. Following this line of reasoning, would not killing babies be one of the "moral" things a person could do? That way only the babies of the strongest parents would be able to survive, and that would improve the
bloodline, isn't that so?

That's just the naturalistic fallacy isn't it? Not very interesting.

Bored Maru
--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"The three chief virtues of a programmer are: Laziness, Impatience and Hubris" - Larry Wall