Charlie wrote:

> >> As atheists, we see all religions the way you see all
> religion other
> >> than your own. Doesn't mean we need to be rude about it, or "point
> >> and laugh" or whatever.
> >
> > That means that it would be rude to say anything about the
> notion of
> > 'One and Only True Way', doesn't it?
>
> Not necessarily. It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Okay, I can often do diplomacy. So here goes:

I think that agnosticism is the only rational position in this argument,
that everything else, atheism included, is as much a matter of personal
wishes and comfort as anything else. Moving on to religion in
particular, I think that the notion of 'One and Only True Way' is as
much of a dangerous fallacy when applied to theological matters as it is
when applied to inter-cultural matters. We humans are too different in
too many ways too ever subscribe to a uniformity of ideas in any field.
If God exists, I expect Her to realise that.

Of course, none of the above is surprising given my society and
upbringing. :)

> I have a head full of cotton wool, and lovely luminous
> mucous. I love
> colds, me.

Aww, poor you! Well, you'll feel better tonight...

Ritu
GCU Have Fun