On Sep 9, 2006, at 2:43 AM, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

At 02:55 PM Friday 9/8/2006, Dave Land wrote:

If there was a political point to be made by teaching kids that
2+2=3, it would be no different to me: lies are lies, and teaching
kids lies as history is the beginning of the end.

IOW, if I agree with it, it is the TRUTH.  If I don't agree with it,
it is LIES.  ;)

Winky-smiley notwithstanding:

The series -- as far as we know* -- contradicts the 9/11 Commission
Report, upon which ABC claimed it was based.

The film -- as far as we know* -- also contradicts the president's
own very clear assertion in a press conference this week that there
is no connection between Iraq and 9/11. It also asserts the by-now
discredited notion that Iraq had WMDs. These are not my opinions,
they are the facts as they are known.

* ABC said that before forming any opinion for the film, the
viewers must first see the entire broadcast. Self-serving tripe.

ABC has been heavily back-pedaling this week, saying that the film
is a _dramatization_ of the events leading up to 9/11. In fact, the
network's statements about the film have in themselves been
contradictory:

- When you take on the responsibility of telling the story behind
  such an important event, it is absolutely critical that you get
  it right. Having Governor Kean, who chaired the 9/11 Commission,
  as a key advisor on this movie has not only been an honor, its
  also been crucial to the project.

  vs.

- The miniseries is "a dramatization, not a documentary, drawn
  from a variety of sources, including the 9/11 Commission report,
  other published materials and from personal interviews;" ... It
  "contains fictionalized scenes."

and

- The "'Path to 9/11' miniseries is 'locked and ready to air.'"

  vs.

- "No one has seen the final version of the miniseries, because the
  editing process is not yet complete, so criticisms of miniseries
  specifics are premature and irresponsible."

Dave

Self-Serving Tripe Maru