> jdiebremse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snippage>
> I'm not sure yet how the new Democrats will really
> look like, especially
> since most of them were elected from the liberal
> northeast.

Several Western states, Colorado included, elected
Democratic governors; indeed, our state legislature
experienced the same one-eighty as Congress: both
house and senate now have a Democrat majority.  As for
degrees of liberalness (did I just make that up?),
most of the Dems I know here, frex, support the right
to own guns (but probably not assault rifles -- that's
Idaho!), want a balanced budget, and the right to
practice whatever religion they embrace.  As do the
indies like me.

Debbi
who will take the job of Galactic Overlady if Q offers
it to me...   ';}