Andrew wrote:

> Huh? No, again, you're somehow focusing on "AQ hates Americans in
> Iraw". They PLAIN HATE AMERICANS. They're "prolonging the violence"
> by attacking Americans because it hurts American interests and
> Americans. Iraq happens to be the current best place for them to do
> that.

Why do they hate Americans?  Primarily due to American hegemony in the Middle
East and American support for Israel.  If we were just some country on the
other side of the world with cultural differences they wouldn't care one way or
the other about us.  Our pressence in Iraq incites their hatred.  People there
that would otherwise not be interested in how much AQ hates us are swayed by
our pressence there.

Look at it this way, Andrew.  Think of someone you really don't get along with,
but you don't see very often.  Now think how you would feel if that person
pitched a tent in your yard.  How would you feel?

That's what we're dealing with in Iraq.

> Dangerous to who? American interests, sure. As for anti-Isralie,
> Saddam wasn't precsely pro-Isralie in the first place.

An alliance between Iraq and Iran is potentially much worse than what we have
dealt with in the past. Mix in an anti American bias and potential support from
countrys like Russia, France and China - places that care little for the
security of Israel and you begin to see how dire the situation can become.

--
Doug