Charlie Bell stated:

> ...and diversionary. It's a debating technique known in some circles
> as the "Gish Gallop", and it's very frustrating for people who pride
> themselves on being concise.

The purpose of my argument was never to be diversionary, but to explore some
of the details of another's argument.  I can accept, though, that it can be
very frustrating to folks who don't write and do numbers fast in their spare
time.

So, let me give you a very concise argument:

1) Neli told me at Christmas that she got word from home (Zambia) that the
EU is threatening a withholding of funding if Zambia does not stop the
spraying of house walls with DDT to prevent malaria.

2) This technique has been demonstrated in South Africa and shown on this
list to be very effective.

3) I therefore conclude that the The EU is more worried about the political
power of Green parties than children in Zambia dying.

Dan M.