On 25/02/2008, at 10:14 AM, Doug Pensinger wrote:

> And to those of you that are atheist; would you consider the
> possibility
> that there may be entities in the universe, evolved from lower life
> forms
> that could for all intents and purposes be considered gods?

Of course I consider the possibility. In fact, given the size of the
universe, I'd be surprised if there weren't some sort of
transcendental or sublimed beings of mind or something.

But that's a fair cry from saying that there's a being above and
outside the universe that created the universe and meddles with our
existence in a personal yet undetectable way, or indeed that any of
Terra's religions are in anyway connected to such a being (whether
supernatural or just really old).

Just 'cause one can imagine something, it doesn't mean it's actually
true, or indeed mean it isn't. There's a little thing called data. If
we get some that shows that there may actually be transcendental races
of "Old Ones" or whatever, then fantastic. Until then, it's fantasy,
sci-fi, or wishful thinking.

Charlie.