On 25/02/2008, at 5:15 PM, Doug Pensinger wrote:

> And my point is that any conclusion that we are unique in the
> unimaginable
> vastness that is the universe for lack of evidence overestimates the
> utility
> of our perspective.

Well, we are going to be unique in the universe. Evolution isn't going
to follow the same path twice (if snowflakes are all unique, then
intelligent life, which is much rarer, will be unique to a greater
degree...) However, most atheists I know who have any sort of science
education reckon it's probable that there are many inhabited worlds in
the universe.

Charlie.