One more answer to Debbi - this time about GreenTechnology - as I sit here in
my midcentury box in the desert with the swamp cooler running - people used to
build for the climate. There once was a huge body of knowledge about how to do
so. No high tech required; just the good services of an historian and an
architect working in tandem. And wouldn't I dearly love to have a house built
to such standards today without tearnign mine down and redoing it totally!
Alas; a midcentury box (though rather charming in many ways) was what I could
afford. And those were designed around the presence - the ubiquity - of the a/c.

http://idiotgrrl.livejournal.com/