> > She's a crazy person. With four kids already, and
> at an age when the
> > risk of fetal abnormalities is massively escalated,
> she gets pregnant
> > again and when the tests show it has Down Syndrome she
> doesn't abort.
> > She's wealthy enough that the coping will be done
> by servants so her
> > "moral" position won't inconvenience her
> political career (and boost
> > it with other nutters) but it's a terrible,
> selfish, morally bankrupt
> > example to set.
> William--

> I truly admire the subtlety with which you troll.
> For those of us without moral absolutes that decide the
> issue, it is difficult to decide how disabled a child has
> to be so that it is better to kill it at a very young age
> and invest the resources elsewhere.  (To use honest
> terminology.)
> Thank you for bringing this dilemma into focus.
>                               ---David
> Dying machines made of meat, Maru

Just think of how many children's' lives in Africa could be saved with the
resources used to support the world's first surviving set of septuplets, born
in Des Moines, Iowa to Kenny and Bobbi McCaughey.  The septuplets were
conceived by this devoutly religious couple (who already had one child) as the
result of fertility drugs.  They declined selective reduction to reduce the
number of infants, saying that they would "put it in God's hands", but really
so they could exploit setting a new record.  At least some of the money from
selling their story will be used for the children's' medical problems,
including cerebral palsy and spinal surgery.
Jon