> Some examples would be raising taxes
> for a national health care plan,

forcing people to have free health care?  really?

> property, banning short-sales of stock.

but, isn't that part of the blame for the crash?

> raising the minimum wage,

should we bann unions, too, and return to child labor?~)

> banning internet gambling

regulate it instead.  government control instead of mob so the revenues help
reduce taxes, which can be used for things like alternative energy.

> restricting offshoring,

save the pla net!~)

> supporting a bailout of the financial industry

here we agree, i say let them go under and bail out people who are losing their
homes!~)

> using taxpayer money,

for wars?~)

> windfall profit taxes

what's wrong with that?  better to tax the rich, don't you thinK. they can
afford it.

>price ceilings on gasoline,

here i agree, tax gasoline more, and use the revenues for alt energy!~)

>repealing NAFTA,

how about a FAIR trade policy?~)

> farm subsidies,

i say subsidize small family farms, NOT agribusiness.

> banning smoking,

no, but i believe the government should take over the tobacco industry for
fraud and use the revenues to discourage, detox and treat smokers.

> trans-fats,

definitly, and regulate the entire food industry so health priorities out weigh
profit motives

> Huh?

are you in opposition to broad notions of regulation, economic and social
justice?
jon