I hope you aren't too insulted by this Charlie, but you've summed up two of
my pet peeves rather well; I'm 100% with you on this. :-)

Some of my fondest memories was losing in tennis to my dad, who use to be
the local club champ in his youth...and kept on remembering his game as I
got older and better.  My mother suggested that my dad let me win
occasionally, and we were both horrified by the though.  It's OK to lose,
its OK to admit a mistake.

Dan M.