http://davidbrin.blogspot.com/2009/07/notion-of-disputation-arenas.html

> True, copyright piracy is (generally) bad.  But the bloody
> inconvenience and blithering incomprehensibility of simply using a
> modern DVD player to watch a film that you already own - let alone
> record an episode of NOVA - it is why I keep three VCRs in the house,
> still.

I don't get why you would consider this to be so. DVD's are very simple: You put a disc (made the same way a CD is for 1 layer discs) into a device and close the door. The machine plays the Disc. This usually involves a non-bypassable FBI warning and possibly previews, then you get to simple menu, where pressing OK or Play starts the film (unless you need to change some language settings or something, because the Play menu option is almost always the default option). You can otherwise navigate the menu using the arrow buttons and select the option you want using the OK button. All very simple and easy.

DVD region codes. NTSC or PAL? Stereo or 5.1? Dolby or DTS? Component or HDMI? Upscale to 720P or 1080i?

Home Theatre Maru

--
William T Goodall
Mail : w...@wtgab.demon.co.uk

"I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If so, then Microsoft would have great products." - Steve Jobs