On 29 Dec 2009 at 22:44, Trent Shipley wrote:

> The Foswiki community is actually positioning the product as what I call
> an un-wiki.  If you turn everything off it works like wikis were
> originally intended to work with no workflow model and two levels of
> heirarchy, administrators and participants (and administrators were
> supposed to mostly lurk).  But they are really meant to be used with
> multiple roles, hierarchies of users, and workflow events like form
> approvals and change management -- an un-wiki designed for business.

Un-Wiki? In it's origions as Twiki it considerably predates the
Wikimedia Foundation, let alone Media Wiki. Hierarchy and Structure
have allways been features of some wiki's, that hardly makes them "un-
wiki".

It's unfortunate that the perception of Wikis these days seems to
flow just from what Mediawiki has done, because it really doesn't
reflect how wiki's have historically been developed and used.

I've used Foswiki for game documentation both professionally and
personally...

AndrewC