On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 7:19 AM, Christopher Sean Morrison <brl...@mac.com>
wrote:

> If a callout is warranted in the schedule, there should be several
> instances of “test, debug, document” throughout your timeline, but still
> not one big 2.5 week one at the end.  That’d be breadth-first
> waterfall-style cleanup.  It’s just not acceptable from a risk-management
> perspective, and essentially something we’ve learned to not even allow for
> GSoC.
>
> Not necessarily. For example if you issue a code freeze before doing a
version bump where you only accept bugfixes and don't accept any feature
improvements it doesn't mean you are using a waterfall model. Is the Linux
kernel development model a waterfall model? I would say it isn't.

I will change the planning timetable to work in the fashion you describe.

Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa
PhD Student at Department of Information Systems and Computer Science
Instituto Superior Técnico/University of Lisbon, Portugal