> On Mar 14, 2016, at 7:12 PM, Margaret Hu <margaret.ss...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> studied the 3dm-g file converter, you may say it is easy (if you know what
> was going on), But there is a steep learning curve to know what is going on.

I suggested it is easy because our brep/nurbs support is actually 3dm data
packed into our .g file format.

We can convert most primitives to nurbs, so an easy first step is for an
exporter to do that conversion (ft_nurbs callback in librt), which results in
3dm data, and then write out the 3dm.

You basically get an exporter for all entities except combs for free.  There
will definitely be a learning curve to become familiarized with our code and
API so students should account for that prep during the bonding period in your
proposal timeline.

Cheers!
Sean