On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 11:08 PM, Charlie Stirk <cwst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No, you need to look at how IfcOpenShell does the IFC implicit geometry with
> OpenCasCade.

Ok.

>> Now what we can do for starting this project?
>

> You need to understand what you need to do before you start doing.   Do more
> research.   Take a look at the similarities and differences of IFC and STEP
> files.   Take a look at how IfcOpenShell works.   See how BRL-CAD modeling
> primitives could do the implicit geometry in IFC.   Then come back when you
> understand this and have questions.   Work on a patch for BRL-CAD, like a
> simple change to the step-g importer that checks for the .ifc file
> extension, and removes the IFC prefix from all the entities.

https://github.com/amrit3701/ifc2stp

In the above program, I made a bash script which runs with c++ code.
Bash script just removes all the ifc prefix from all entities present
in IFC file and saves it with new extension i.e. stp.

Now we will take care for handling all the implicit IFC geometry
(procedural things like extrusions) with BRL-CAD.

--
Amritpal Singh
Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, India