Followup,

As promised, I checked whether or not points outside of geometry behave
like expected, and so they do. I did the following to test it:

Reduced the box to half its width, so that we now only use half of the
5->10 vector. Now the box starts with 5 and ends with 7.5 on the other
edge. It also has half the volume. So, 5e8 mm3 x 6.25g/mm3 = 3,125e9 g.
https://puu.sh/x2Wp2/af48012d6a.png
Cheers, Mario.