Hi List,

I get a very old, but working Focus 1 Braille display (70 cell modell), but I am unable to yet request to working with Linux in console and Orca in Brltty. :-):-)

Perhaps have a fatal thing with I am not known yet this display type (I newer worked with Freedom Scientific Focus modells). :-):-)

I connect the display with a normal USB cable the right hand USB connection, my braille display I seeing the focus 70 text in Braille, more space character, perhaps a dot 5 point, a 46 dot combination, and a 356 and 12 characters.

Lsusb says following this display:

Bus 001 Device 008: ID 0f4e:0100 Freedom Scientific

Enjoy, not more. :-):-)

I have got an Alva Satellite 570 pro modell with works succesfull with Brltty, during I looking the focus display I turned off my Alwa display and restart brltty.

Because I newer seeed Focus Braille display, what can I need doing to Debian 12.0 and Ubuntu 20.04 BRLTTY works perfect the Focus display?

BecauseĀ  Braille displays are very expensive in Hungary (larger cell modells are more than 800 thousand ft), I would save the Focus Braille display as a backup device later in case my old Alva Satellite 570 display breaks down, but I would like to know for sure how to get this model up and running under Linux later. :-):-) Unfortunately, the Perkins Braille keys stick during use, but you can read perfectly on this model as well.

Is this model still serviced at all in the European Union or in the United States? Can you get parts for it? Actually, only the keyboard part should be renovated, the cells are intact, although I could give a complete assessment of the state of the piezo cells if the display was working in Linux.

The display is a Freedom Scientific Focus1 70 cell display.
I attached a log using the sudo brltty -ldebug -L brltty.log command, compressed in zip format. I see this interesting part the log file (I am using in Ubuntu 20.04 with Brltty 6.5 with Linux 5.15.0-101-generic kernel):

2024-03-31@14:28:26.825 [brltty] checking for braille driver: fs
2024-03-31@14:28:26.826 [brltty] initializing braille driver: fs -> usb:
2024-03-31@14:28:26.850 [brltty] USB URB status error 75: The value is too large for the specified data type
2024-03-31@14:28:26.852 [brltty] USB: endpoint descriptor not found: 00
2024-03-31@14:28:26.852 [brltty] braille driver initialization failed: fs -> usb:

Don't surprise, I translated from hungarian to english the data type related hungarian error message.

Thank you in advance for your help.
I wish you a nice Easter everybody,

Attila